Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
For this Tuesday, March 5, here are my top 10 series I’d like to start but haven’t yet:
- The Dark Tower (Stephen King) – I grew up reading Stephen King but skipped this one for reasons I don’t know. I’ve been meaning to pick up the first book and get it rolling. Maybe in September — my SK reading month.
- Kingkiller Chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss) – My book club friend Tata, my fantasy genre go-to person, said she loved this series. For someone who has read a lot in the genre to say that, it must be something, so it added to my desire to read it (plus it has an awesome cover).
- New Crobuzon novels (China Mieville) – These are Perdido Street Station, The Scar and Iron Council. Someone recommended them to me and I acknowledge his taste in books so I’m eager to pick this one up soon so we can talk more about it.
- Gormenghast trilogy (Mervyn Peake) – I held out reading this for so long because I only bought the second and third books, and for three years was unsuccessful finding the first one. Well, until last year when I chanced on a marked down copy of Titus Groan in Booksale for P25. Ha, happy heart.
- Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series (Laurell K. Hamilton) – I had a blast collecting the novels in this series. I figured I can read them side by side Jim Butcher’s The Dresden Files.
- Kate Daniels series (Ilona Andrews) – I’ve been reading terrific reviews about the books.
- Thursday Next series (Jasper Fforde) – A literary detective! I also don’t know why I haven’t started its first installment, The Eyre Affair.
- The First Law trilogy (Joe Abercrombie) – I don’t know much about this but it got me curious enough because Logan Ninefingers sounds so badass.
- Night Watch series (Sergei Lukyanenko) – I admit I started this one but it felt too forced so I want another time re-start this series.
- The Maze Runner trilogy (James Dashner)
What series are on your top ten list?
Categories: Bookworm Judie