I wrapped up my personal Filipino Literature Readathon on August 31. It was a great run. Eleven novels and collection of short stories are not too shabby considering my reading batting average lately!
I started off my month-long adventure with Pinoy books with It’s A Mens World by funny woman Bebang Siy. I bookended the run with the second book in Tony Perez’s Sitio Catacutan series (Mr. Perez and I happen to work for the same organization but in different agencies; I used to see him in the hallway and I was a bit scared because I know he could read my pathetic aura, hahaha). It helped a lot that I was able to participate in Bout of Books 8.0 despite the weather disturbances which took a lot of my time off reading.
In total, the first two are laugh trips, the next two, serious plotlines, then comes the romance novellas, and the last three are horror stories (my favorite kind).
Here’s the list of what I read in August. I am sure my Filipino lit reading spree will continue all throughout the year because I still have a lot in my TBR pile, not to mention my loot from the recently concluded Aklatan 2013:
- It’s A Mens World – Bebang Siy
- Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata – Ricky Lee
- Monstress – Lysley Tenorio
- The Mango Bride – Marivi Soliven
- All’s Fair in Blog and War – Chrissie Peria
- Love Your Frenemies – Mina V. Esguerra
- Fairy Tail Fail – Mina V. Esguerra
- The Interim Goddess of Love – Mina V. Esguerra
- Unseen Moon – Eliza Victoria
- Maligayang Pagdating sa Sitio Catacutan – Tony Perez
- Malagim ang Gabi sa Sitio Catacutan – Tony Perez
Overall, I consider it an achievement. Until the next personal readathon. Looks like I’m slowly getting the hang of it.
Categories: Bookworm Judie